During a recent meeting with the outgoing Swedish ambassador, Barack Obama quipped that he was hoping for a job offer Swedish streaming giant Spotify once he officially completes his second term as POTUS term next week. According to Consequence of Sound, the President allegedly joked “I’m still waiting for my job at Spotify…cuz’ I know y’all loved my playlist.”
Being as cool (and as good at making dope playlists) as he is, Obama should know by now not to joke about such things, as people are eager to take his silliness seriously: In response to Obama’s comment, Spotify CEO Daniel Ek has added an unusual listing to the job opportunities section of the company website–for a position called “President of Playlists.”
— Daniel Ek (@eldsjal) January 9, 2017
You can read the job description and apply for the position here, although we’re pretty sure you won’t fit the requirements unless your name happens to be Barry O. Prerequisites in the “Who You Are” section of the job listing include:
- Have at least eight years experience running a highly-regarded nation.
- Familiar with the Spotify platform, with experience in programming playlists at a federal level. Anything from an eclectic summer playlist, to a celebratory, “I just found my birth certificate” playlist.
- Have good relationships with a wide range of artists and musicians. Ever had Kendrick Lamar play at your birthday bash? We’d love to hear about it!
- Can speak passionately about playlists at press events. Let us be clear, you should be nothing short of one of the greatest speakers of all time.
- A keen attention to detail and consistency. Able to work closely with other departments, so playlists can hold up to public scrutiny.
- Someone with good team spirit, excellent work ethic, a friendly and warm attitude, and a Nobel Peace Prize.
Whether Obama decides to apply for the President of Playlists job at Spotify or some other position, we can be sure that he will continue to be cool as hell while he does it.
[h/t – Consequence of Sound]