Since Amoeba Music announced that it was moving its Hollywood location in June 2018, the progress has titillated music lovers from Los Angeles and beyond like a La Sagrada Familia of the West Coast music scene. The new site—located at 6200 Hollywood Blvd—was originally announced in February 2020 with a target opening date of “sometime after Labor Day 2020.” Like most music-related plans in 2020, the opening of Amoeba Music’s new location was indefinitely stalled. After nearly half a year of delays, however, Amoeba Music has finally announced that the new store will open on April 1st.
Along with the joyous grand opening news, Amoeba Music also laid out necessary COVID-19 safety protocols for the new location. As with any business in California, face coverings are required throughout the store. The new location will also host temporary hours of 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., with the purchase counter open until 7. While the 6200 Hollywood Blvd storefront is notably larger than the old location at 6400 Sunset Blvd, there will be a strict limit on the number of customers allowed inside at once. Accordingly, store staff kindly requests, “Out of respect for your fellow shoppers, please limit your browsing time and exit promptly after your purchase.”
Scroll down to see a full list of COVID-19 safety protocols for the new Amoeba Music Hollywood location opening on April 1st, 2021. Fans who make a purchase at the new location on opening day will receive a poster from L.A. artist Ivan Minsloff while supplies last. There will also be live t-shirt silk screening by Family Industries in the courtyard of the El Centro complex.
* Customers and staff must avoid entering the store if they are sick, especially with cough or fever, or have recently tested positive for COVID.
* All customers and staff must wear a face covering or mask over the nose and mouth at all times while in the store.
* There is a limited number of customers allowed in the store at any one time.
* Out of respect for your fellow shoppers, please limit your browsing time and exit promptly after your purchase.
* Please observe physical distancing of six feet from employees and other customers.
* We encourage you to use the provided hand sanitizer upon entering our store. There is also hand sanitizer available in locations around the store.
* We have a limited amount of disposable gloves available to you for browsing upon request.
* There are protective plexiglass shields at our registers and information desk. Please stand behind these shields when being helped and do not touch them.
* Please observe our directional signs.
* Customers who wish to sell or trade will be asked to drop off their product at the buy counter, but will not be permitted to remain there while your offer is being assessed. You may either shop or wait outside and the buyer will contact you when they have finished evaluating your items.
* Our restroom is for employees only at this time due to health department requirements. We’re sorry for any inconvenience.
* The consumption of food and beverages inside the store is not allowed.
* There is no seating available in the store. Parents, please keep young children with you at all times if they cannot be left at home.
* Baskets are sanitized after each customer and we have implemented a surface-cleaning schedule to ensure regular sanitization.
* For customers who are limiting their time in public, please call the store at 323-245-6400 and we can hold your items at the registers for 24 hours. You will still be required to wait in the line to enter the store when you come to purchase your items. If you have any specific questions or needs, please call the store so we can assist you.
[H/T Brooklyn Vegan]