Sheryl Crow is gearing up to release her forthcoming studio album of collaborative tracks, Threads, due out on August 30th via Big Machine.
On Friday, Crow shared a new single and accompanying video off of her forthcoming album, “Tell Me When It’s Over”, featuring acclaimed singer-songwriter Chris Stapleton. The new track comes on the heel’s of previously released singles “Prove You Wrong” featuring Stevie Nicks and Maren Morris; “Live Wire” featuring Bonnie Raitt and Mavis Staples; “Still The Good Old Days” featuring Joe Walsh; “Everything Is Broken” featuring Jason Isbell; and “Redemption Day” featuring Johnny Cash.
“Tell Me When It’s Over” opens up with a twangy guitar riff before Crow comes in with her silky-smooth vocal lead. Crow proclaims, “Anything’s better than hanging round’ together, knowing that the other one’s through.” Stapleton adds the perfect touch with his gravely vocals as he joins Crow on the chorus.
Watch Sheryl Crow’s new “Tell Me When It’s Over” video featuring Chris Stapleton below:
Sheryl Crow ft. Chris Stapleton – “Tell Me When It’s Over”
[Video: Sheryl Crow]
In an April interview with Nashville Public Radio, Crow shared that Threads will most likely be her last studio album. She explained,
It takes a lot of time and money and energy to create a fully artistic statement with a beginning, a middle and end. And, you know, you hope you have a song that lands on a playlist somewhere. People just don’t listen to albums anymore. So I feel like this is a good one to go out on.
And in the future, when I write something I feel like needs to be put out, we’ll just put it out. We won’t wait to make a whole album.
Crow’s Threads collaborative album will feature 17 tracks full of the music world’s favorite musicians including Don Henley, Keith Richards, Stevie Nicks, Jason Isbell, Chris Stapleton, Maren Morris, and more.
Threads is now available for pre-order here.
Head to Sheryl Crow’s website for more information on her Threads release, tour dates, ticketing, and more.
- Prove You Wrong ft. Stevie Nicks & Maren Morris | Writers: Sheryl Crow, Al Anderson, Leslie Satcher
- Live Wire ft. Bonnie Raitt & Mavis Staples | Writers: Sheryl Crow, Jeff Trott
- Tell Me When It’s Over ft. Chris Stapleton | Writers: Sheryl Crow, Chris Stapleton
- Story Of Everything ft. Chuck D, Andra Day & Gary Clark Jr. | Writers: Sheryl Crow, Steve Jordan, Carlton Ridenhour
- Beware Of Darkness ft. Eric Clapton, Sting & Brandi Carlile | Writer: George Harrison
- Redemption Day ft. Johnny Cash | Writer: Sheryl Crow
- Cross Creek Road ft. Lukas Nelson & Neil Young (digital/physical) / ft. Margo Price & Neil Young (vinyl) | Writers: Sheryl Crow, Jeff Trott
- Everything Is Broken ft. Jason Isbell | Writer: Bob Dylan
- The Worst ft. Keith Richards | Writers: Mick Jagger, Keith Richards
- Lonely Alone ft. Willie Nelson | Writers: Sheryl Crow, Shane McAnally
- Border Lord ft. Kris Kristofferson | Writers: Kris Kristofferson, Donnie Fritts, Stephen Bruton, Terry Paul
- Still The Good Old Days ft. Joe Walsh | Writers: Sheryl Crow, Joe Walsh
- Wouldn’t Want To Be Like You ft. St. Vincent* | Writers: Sheryl Crow, Jeff Trott
- Don’t ft. Lucius | Writer: Sheryl Crow
- Nobody’s Perfect ft. Emmylou Harris** | Writers: Sheryl Crow, Jeff Trott
- Flying Blind ft. James Taylor | Writers: Sheryl Crow, Chris Stapleton
- For The Sake Of Love ft. Vince Gill | Writer: Sheryl Crow