Skull & Roses Festival issued an official statement on Friday announcing that the event has been postponed as part of the effort to slow the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus). The festival was originally slated to occur April 2nd–5th at Ventura, CA’s Ventura County Fairgrounds.
While concerts and festivals across the country grapple with the decisions of whether or not to cancel events, Skull & Roses was one of the many gatherings for whom the decision was made by state mandates. On Wednesday, California Governor Gavin Newsome announced an updated policy from California public officials who determined that gatherings of over 250 people should be canceled or postponed through the end of March. While the festival was not scheduled until the first weekend of April, the event’s organizers stated that they weren’t willing to take the chance that the issue would be solved by then.
While Skull & Roses did not provide a date for the postponed event, the statement was adamant that all original purchases of festival tickets, camping passes, and hotel reservations will be honored for the new dates. The statement also noted that instructions on how to receive refunds will be delivered to ticket holders by Friday, March 20th.
Skull & Roses was set to host a lineup featuring the return of Billy & The Kids, along with Oteil & Friends featuring Eric Krasno, Circles Around The Sun, Voodoo Dead, and many more Grateful Dead-oriented acts.
Firstly, we want to thank you for your patience. We know how passionate each and every one of
you are about the Skull & Roses experience. We are too, and it’s what makes these challenging
times that much tougher.
Wednesday night, California Governor Gavin Newsom announced that California public health
officials issued an updated policy on gatherings to protect public health and slow the spread of
COVID-19. The state’s public health experts determined that gatherings should be postponed or
canceled across the state until at least the end of March. Non-essential gatherings must be
limited to no more than 250 people. Even though our event falls just a couple days beyond the
end of March, we cannot make the assumption that this mandate will be cleared by then.
Following these guidelines, it is no longer possible to hold Skull & Roses in early April as
originally planned, and as a result we are postponing until a new weekend can be determined.
All original purchases, including hotel and camping stays will be honored for the
rescheduled dates. Let us alleviate your concerns: We fully intend to issue refunds for
those that are unable to attend. We will notify pass holders by Friday, March 20th on
how to obtain refunds. No refunds will be issued before this date.
We know we have festival goers coming from near and far to attend, and we want to provide
ample time to make alternative arrangements and receive travel refunds where possible.
We thank you for your continued support and understanding. Our team will be back in touch as
soon as possible with additional information.
We WILL get by, we WILL survive!
~The Skull & Roses Team