Mark your calendars, because FloydFest will make its long-awaited return July 24th–28th, 2024. Organizers for the long-running Virginia music festival announced the save the date for the event’s highly anticipated return after it was scrapped in 2023 due to permitting issues.

In an announcement on Tuesday, FloydFest producers Across-the-Way Productions and Blue Cow Arts also revealed next year’s theme, “Horizon,” with the tagline, “Elation is on your Horizon.” In addition to the festival’s comeback following a one-year absence, the 2024 event will also mark the first edition of FloydFest at its new home of FestivalPark in Check, VA at a site specifically designed by FloydFest organizers with the property owners Hill Holler LLC.

“FloydFest’s music, magic and mountains are about to be magnified via a new beginning — the return of FloydFest, at its new home, FestivalPark,” organizers wrote on social media. “We miss you. We love you. We’ve been working hard for you. And we’ll prove it. You all deserve that.”

Organizers thanked the 70% of ticketholders who rolled their passes from 2023 over to 2024 and announced on-sale information for the remaining 30%. Those tickets will go on sale at 12 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 1st on the newly designed Also on November 1st, FloydFest will announce the first wave of the 2024 lineup, with the artist rollout continuing over the next several months.

This news comes at the end of a tumultuous year for the production team behind the music festival that’s been a staple of the Southeast since 2002. Following the 2022 gathering at the festival’s longtime home of Blue Cow Arts Pavilion in Floyd, VA, organizers announced that the event would find its “forever home” at a new custom-designed plot in nearby Check.

Unfortunately, just a few months before FloydFest’s planned 2023 debut in Check, staff revealed the new site was “not currently viable” for a 2023 festival, and ultimately postponed the event to 2024 due to a permitting issue relating to the park’s stormwater drainage plans. Back in August of this year, however, organizers announced that all of the necessary permits had been approved by the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality, with this latest announcement reiterating, “Permits were punched months ago.”

“Love to our partners. Love to our patrons,” the announcement concluded. “275 days until FloydFest 24~Horizon. Let the countdown begin. Onward.”


View this post on Instagram


A post shared by FloydFest (@floydfestva)