As excitement continues to build for Phish‘s “Baker’s Dozen” run at Madison Square Garden this summer (and the incredible lineup of surrounding pre- and post-shows in NYC), The WaterWheel Foundation has announced a pair of special pre-show celebrations to mark the organization’s 20th anniversary. The events are set to take place on the first and second Saturdays of the run (7/22 and 8/5), and proceeds will benefit the Mockingbird Foundation (who is also celebrating 20 years of service toward children’s music education) as well as charities hand-selected by Trey Anastasio, Mike Gordon, Jon Fishman, and Page McConnell.
Tickets to the events include:
- A two hour pre-show with complimentary cocktails and a light dinner (full bar/sandwiches and snacks);
- A WaterWheel event poster designed by Jim Pollock (edition of 300). A diptych, with one poster for each event;
- Early entrance into the Garden for the concert that evening;
- A raffle and/or an auction to win autographed items and memorabilia from Phish Archives;
- Access to private lounge at set break;
- A specialty chocolate bar created and donated by Asher’s Chocolates;
- The opportunity to help lift several great organizations!
Tickets for the event, priced at $200 each, will go on sale Thursday, May 25th at 12:00pm Eastern HERE.
WaterWheel was started by the band in 1997 to oversee their various charitable activities. Foundation chooses non-profits from a large sphere of needs including social services, primarily those benefitting women and children; environmental, with a focus on clean water and land conservation with public access; as well as food banks, urban gardening and the like. Thanks to the generosity of the fans, WaterWheel’s Touring Division has donated over $1,000,000 to more than 425 groups since its creation.
You can read the WaterWheel’s official announcement letter here.
[Cover photo via Chad Anderson]
Live For Live Music Phish Baker’s Dozen Run Late-Night Shows
July 21 – The Werks @ American Beauty (tix)
July 21 – The Motet @ BB King Blues Club (tix)
July 22 – The Werks @ American Beauty (tix)
July 25 – Turkuaz @ Irving Plaza (tix)
July 28 – Dopapod @ Gramercy Theater (tix)
July 29 – Dopapod @ Highline Ballroom (tix)
July 29 – Perpetual Groove @ BB King Blues Club (tix)
Aug 4 – “Kraz & Taz” Eric Krasno Band w/ Brandon “Taz” Niederauer Band @ The Cutting Room (tix)
Aug 5 – Spafford @ BB King Blues Club (tix)