Umphrey’s McGee is getting in on the drive-in concert craze as “regular” live shows remain on hold amid the ongoing pandemic. The shows, part of the At The Drive Inn series presented by Collectiv Presents, will take place on September 5th and 6th at SeatGeek Stadium just outside of Chicago in Bridgeview, IL.
As the band explained along with the drive-in concert run announcement,
It is hard to believe it has been over five months since we last hit the stage to share live music with all of you. So it is with excitement that we announce Umphrey’s McGee – At the Drive Inn, two nights of COVID-compliant and socially-distanced rock & roll at SeatGeek Stadium, just outside Chicago in Bridgeview, Illinois.
This drive-in concert experience will be like no other show in UM history. Tickets will include entry and parking for four people per vehicle, along with an adjacent space next to your vehicle for your group to enjoy the show. Unlike traditional concerts, we encourage you to bring chairs, coolers, and more to customize your space for your quaranteam to rock. Much like a traditional UM concert, however, this will be a live, two-set performance with full sound and lighting production.
The announcement also included a list of key points regarding the social distancing, logistics, and safety guidelines in place for the performances:
- Tickets will be purchased by car, with up to four people per vehicle.
- Each party may purchase up to two additional add-on tickets if you have a larger vehicle that can safely accommodate more than four people (a seatbelt per passenger is required).
- No oversized vehicles will be allowed, such as full-size vans or RVs.
- Masks will be mandatory anytime a fan is outside of their vehicle. A strict Zero Tolerance policy will be enforced.
- You may bring your own chairs, snacks, and beverages. Please be respectful of those behind you and leave your flag poles, rage sticks, etc. at home.
- Purchased ticket type guarantees your vehicle entry into your assigned parking section; spaces inside each section will be General Admission.
- You must remain in your car or adjoining parking space unless you are moving to or from the restroom. Congregating with others that are not in your pod will not be allowed. Zero tolerance.
- Plan for a designated driver and do not drink and drive. It’s never worth it.